Your privacy is important to TESL Canada. This privacy statement provides information about the personal information that TESL Canada collects, and the ways in which TESL Canada uses that personal information.
This document was created using a Contractology template available athttp://www.freenetlaw.com.
Information collected in web forms / Privacy information
Where personal information is provided to TESL Canada Federation, information is collected in compliance with section 33c of the Alberta Freedom and Information and Privacy Act (FOIP).
Information collected by TESL Canada Federation is used exclusively for TESL Canada certification purposes. TESL Canada Federation does not collect personal information for commercial marketing or distribution to any public or private organizations for any purpose.
Personal information collection
TESL Canada may collect and use the following kinds of personal information:
- information about your use of this website
- information that you provide using for the purpose of TESL Canada Professional Certification application
- information about transactions carried out over this website (including TESL Canada Conference Registration, and TESL Canada Professional Certification);
- any other information that you send to TESL Canada.
Using personal information
TESL Canada may use your personal information to:
- administer this website;
- enable your access to and use of the website services;
- publish your first name, last name, your certification level and standard, and the date of your certification, in the Directory of TESL Canada Certificants (or Professional Certification Directory) on this website;
- supply to you services that you purchase;
- send to you statements and invoices;
- collect payments from you;
Where TESL Canada discloses your personal information to its agents or sub-contractors for these purposes, the agent or sub-contractor in question will be obligated to use that personal information in accordance with the terms of this privacy statement.
In addition to the disclosures reasonably necessary for the purposes identified elsewhere above, TESL Canada may disclose your personal information to the extent that it is required to do so by law, in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings, and in order to establish, exercise or defend its legal rights.
Securing your data
TESL Canada will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
TESL Canada will store all the personal information you provide on its secure servers.
Information relating to electronic transactions entered into via this website will be protected by encryption technology including:
- SSL (Secure Socket Layer) 256-bit encryption of your personal and financial information
- PCI (Payment Card Industry) security protocol
Cross-border data transfers
In addition, personal information that you submit for publication on the website will be published on the internet and may be available around the world.
You agree to such cross-border transfers of personal information.
Updating this statement
You should check this page occasionally to ensure you are familiar with any changes.
This website contains links to other websites.
TESL Canada is not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of any third party.
Contact TESL Canada
- by post to: TESL Canada 3751-21st Street NE, Calgary, AB T2E 6T5