Terms & conditions
The online payments and recurring card payments systems are provided by TESL Canada and its third party suppliers. TESL Canada may need to update these terms from time to time. Any changes will be immediately effective.
Terms & conditions
Please read these terms carefully before using the online payment facility. By using the online payment facility on this website you accept these terms. If you do not accept these terms do not use this facility.
Definitions & interpretation
The terms used in this agreement have the meanings set out below unless the context requires otherwise:
- "Card supplier" means the institution which owns the credit card you are using on the Online Payment Facility
- "Instalment terms" means the set period and dates over which payment will be charged to the credit card you are using on the Online Payment Facility
- "Online payment facility" means the internet based payment system operated on behalf of the organization.
- "Recurring card payment" means payment collections initiated by the organization to collect amounts due under the specified payment Terms.
- "Member account" means the account operated and maintained by the organization to record the fees, charges, fines or other debts owed to it by an individual member.
- "The organization" means TESL Canada Federation, registered address: 3751, 21st Street NW. Calgary. AB. T2E 6T5.
- "You" means the individual setting up a payment via the online payment facility
All payments are subject to the following conditions:
- You warrant that in using the online payment facility you are authorised to use the credit card for the payment or payments you are making.
- Payments received will not be posted to the member account to which you are making a payment until the following working day.
- The organization cannot accept liability for a payment not reaching the correct member account due to you providing an incorrect account number or other incorrect details whether personal or otherwise.
- The organization cannot accept liability for a payment not reaching the correct member account where payment is refused or declined by the Card Supplier for any reason.
- If the card supplier declines payment, the organization is under no obligation to bring this fact to your attention. It is your responsibility to check with the Card Supplier that payment has been deducted from the credit account.
- The organization will not be liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of the use, inability to use, or the results of use of this site, any websites linked to this site, or the materials or information contained at any or all such sites, whether based on warranty, contract, tort, delict or any other legal theory and whether or not advised of the possibility of such damages.
By accepting these terms and conditions, you authorise the organization to charge the credit card account you have provided for the term you have selected. Terms are for a period of one year.
You agree that there will either be sufficient availability under the credit card limit or sufficient funds in the credit card account to make the recurring card payments when they fall due under the recurring terms. If a recurring card payment collection fails the organization will make a second attempt at collection five working days after the first attempt. If a second collection attempt fails the recurring terms become void and the outstanding amount will fall due for immediate payment.
All payment details which are entered through this payment gateway are encrypted when the member, or payer making payment, enters them. The organization shall not be liable for any failure by the member or payer making payment of fees to properly protect data from being seen on their screen by other persons or otherwise obtained by such persons, during the online payment process or in respect of any omission to provide accurate information in the course of the online payment process.
Online payments of fees can be made by credit card or paypal. These payments are not collected by the organization directly but by the service provider. When a member makes an online immediate payment they will receive a confirmation email. If this is not received within 14 days it is the responsibility of the member to check with the organization that the payment has been accepted. No confirmation email will be sent for recurring card payments.
The organization will collect (or may already hold) personal data relating to the member, or payer making payment, including name, email, address and membership number of the member. By agreeing to be bound by these terms and conditions the member, (and any payer making payment), accepts and consents to his/her personal data, as detailed in clause above, being provided to the service provider for sole purpose of the service provider offering and administering the online payment facility to the member, or payer making payment.
It is the responsibility of the member or payer making payment, to ensure that all personal data provided to or held by the organization and/or provided to the service provider is clear and accurate. The organization will not be responsible for any losses suffered by the member, or payer making payment, as a result of inaccurate information being provided to the organization or the service provider. The organization may use the personal information provided to it to contact the member, or payer making payment, to clarify or resolve any issues that arise in connection with any online payment made in respect of the fees.
Advance notices, receipts and failed payment notices will be sent to the payer by email.